CETL Learning Lab
Welcome to the Learning Lab
Building on initiatives in blended learning in the era before campus closures, CETL’s academic developers and researchers have collaborated to creatively meet the design challenges created by new demands on university learning spaces. We adopted three key principles to reimagine and re-design our existing, fixed-tier professional learning rooms for HKU’s academic teachers – flat, flexible, and interactive.
The CETL Learning Lab was launched in May 2022 to support innovation, including addressing the post-pandemic demand for synchronous hybrid learning. The CETL community acknowledges and appreciates the funding support from the University Grants Committee and the University of Hong Kong and welcomes colleagues to visit and experiment with new ways of connecting with our students.
Susan M. Bridges
The CETL Learning Lab supports various synchronous hybrid teaching and learning configurations to cater to different pedagogies. From knowledge sharing, group collaboration, team teaching, and hybrid presentation, the Learning Lab can be reconfigured into different environments conducive to more collaborative, dialogic, and interactive.
The learning environment is designed with technical affordances that can effectively integrate e-learning technologies into a holistic learning environment.
Hybrid Learning Mobile Desk Console
- Zoho 15” touch monitor
- Shure boundary microphone
- Jabra Speak 510 speakerphone
- J5Create 360° all around webcam
- All-in-one PC – Dell Optiplex 7090 ultra
- Logitech MK470 wireless slim keyboard
- Maxpower 40800mAh portable battery
- Crestron AV control system
- Extron 8-in 8-out video matrix
- Infra-red auto-tracking camera
- AirServer screen mirroring system
- Shure wireless microphone system
- Barco professional ultra-short throw projectors
- Extron video wall processor supporting 4K/60 video and display systems of any size
- Barco Clickshare wireless presentation system
The CETL Learning Lab is equipped with a living green wall to integrate natural elements. It aims to enhance the sense of nature and lessen the stress of the learners.
CETL Learning Lab
RRS 321-322, 3/F, Run Run Shaw Building, Main Campus, HKU
- Room CPD-1.73, 1/F, The Jockey Club Tower, Centennial Campus, HKU
- (852) 3917 8996